VEHICLE & DRIVERS SAFETY POLICY
The purpose of this Policy is to ensure the safety of those individuals who drive the Afridi Refrigerator Transport’s vehicles. Vehicle accidents are costly to our company, but more importantly, they may result in injury to you or others. It is the driver’s responsibility to operate all vehicles in a safe manner and to drive defensively to prevent injuries and property damage. As such the Company endorses all applicable state motor vehicle regulations relating to driver responsibility. The Company expects each driver to drive in a safe and courteous manner pursuant to the following safety rules. The attitude you take when behind the wheel is the single most important factor in driving safely.
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle to be operated, and keep the license(s) with them at all times while driving.
- Afridi Refrigerator Transport’s vehicles are to be driven by authorized employees ONLY, except in emergencies, or in case of repair testing by a mechanic. Other employees and family members are not authorized to drive the Company vehicle.
- Afridi Refrigerator Transport’s vehicles are to be driven for Company Business ONLY. Personal use of company vehicles is prohibited. No unauthorized persons are allowed to ride in company vehicles.
- Any employee who has a driver’s license revoked or suspended shall immediately notify Afridi Refrigerated Transport and discontinue operation of the company vehicle. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action including dismissal.
- All accidents involving Afridi Refrigerator Transport’s vehicles, regardless of severity, must be reported to the police and Afridi Refrigerated Transport to Failing to stop after an accident and/or failure to report an accident may result in disciplinary action, including dismissal.
- The use of a Afridi Refrigerator Transport’s vehicle while under the influence of intoxicants and other drugs is forbidden and is sufficient cause for discipline, including dismissal.
- All drivers and passengers operating or riding in company vehicles must wear seat belts.
- Report Afridi Refrigerated Transport for any mechanical difficulties or repair needs to take care by Afridi Refrigerated Transport.
- Drivers are responsible for the security of Company vehicles being used by them. The
vehicle engine must be shut off, ignition keys removed, and vehicle doors locked whenever the vehicle is left unattended. If the vehicle is left with a parking attendant, only the ignition key is to be left
Your personal driving record is a reflection of your overall driving habits, and directly affects our insurance costs. Your personal driving is your responsibility and our concern.
Motor Vehicle Records will be ordered periodically to assess driving records. An unfavorable record will result in the loss of company vehicle driving privileges or employment. A standard method of evaluation for all prospective and current drivers’ MVRs will be used:
One (1) or more type ‘A’ Violations in the past 3 years (as defined below)
Three (3) or more accidents (regardless) of fault in the last 3 years.
Three (3) or more ‘B’ violations in the past 3 years.
Any combination of accidents and type ‘B’ violations which equal four (4) or more in he last 3 years.
Type ‘A’ Violations:
Driving While Intoxicated
Driving While Under the Influence of Drugs
Negligent Homicide Arising out of the use of a Motor Vehicle (gross negligence)
Operating During a period of Suspension or Revocation
Using a Motor Vehicle for the commission of a Felony
Aggravated Assault with a Motor Vehicle
Operating a Motor Vehicle Without the Owners Authority (grand theft)
Permitting an Unlicensed Person to Drive
Speed Contest (racing)
Hit and Run (8odily Injury or Property Damage)
Type ‘B’ Violations:
All Moving Violations not listed as type ‘A’ Violations.
Cell phone Usage
- Under all circumstances, employees shall obey all motor vehicle laws. Violations or fines incurred by employees shall be the full responsibility of the employee, and may affect future driving privileges in company. vehicles as outlined above.
- Hands-free cellular phones are subject to the same policy as the hand-held cellular
phones. (No dialing out, texting, or interfering with safe operation of the vehicle).